Sunday, October 21, 2012

Airlocks

          So I was reading through the instructions on the beer brewing kit and noticed that it said to make sure that the airlock was half way filled with water. I was kind of like OK... sure I guess beer needs that? Then I decided to ask Larri about this with my meads... as I just put the airlocks on the buckets and that was it.

           Larri informed me, that yes all airlocks need to be half filled with water. She figured instructions would have come with my airlock to explain that... oooops! Well now I know and all airlocks are half filled with water!

          Lesson learned. Always fill your airlocks halfway with water once they are in place on your fermentation buckets. That is how they are designed to work. Happy Brewing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment